Clinical Supervision is essential for ongoing health and well-being. It is an integral component of reflective practice for human services workers.
PsychMaps is able to offer a broad range of experience and competence in the alcohol and drug and mental health fields.
This experience includes frontline clinical service delivery, clinical supervision, and the mentoring and administrative responsibilities of senior management.
PsychMaps can support supervisees to address and effectively manage the wide range of challenges faced in the humans services sector.
Focus of Clinical Supervision for Human Services Practitioners
For practitioners, clinical supervision can focus on:
- Sustaining health and well-being in and out of the workplace
- The art of assessment
- Rapport building and the therapeutic alliance
- Treatment planning and reviewing treatment progress
- Utilising psychometric tools
- Working with trauma and developmental factors affecting clients’ relationships and capacity to cope
- Relapse prevention
- The role of personality factors in longer-term substance use and mental health concerns
- Managing therapy interrupting behaviours
- Transference and countertransference
- Coping with challenging co-workers
Focus of Clinical Supervision for Human Services Managers
For human services managers, clinical supervision can focus on:
- Balancing performance management with mentoring young clinicians
- The challenges of project management
- Moving from being a member of the team to team leader
- Balancing a client load with managerial responsibilities
- Enhancing the capacity of clinical teams to respond to mental health and substance use concerns
Services PsychMaps has Supported with Clinical Supervision
PsychMaps has provided clinical supervision to staff of services such as:
- Knox Social and Community Health Service
- Eastern Area Community Health Service
- Stepping Up Consortium
- Plenty Valley Community Health Service
- Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service
- Nursing and Midwifery Health Program
- Outstation North
- Defence Indigenous Development Program
- Queensland Injectors Health Network
Helpful Frameworks with Clinical Supervision
PsychMaps can tailor supervision support to a practitioner’s preferred frameworks for practice.
Frameworks which PsychMaps often utilises are:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – see the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – see the Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy (AACBT)
- Schema Therapy (effective with relationships of all kinds) – see the Schema Therapy Institute
- Narrative Therapy – see The Dulwich Centre
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy – see the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association (SFBTA)
- Interpersonal Neurobiology and Attachment Theory – see the Global Association for Interpersonal Neurobiology Studies (GAINS)
How to Get Started
Please email PsychMaps – or call us on 0401431931 – to discuss how we can help you with clinical supervision or other services.
Clinical supervision via Skype or phone is also available.