PsychMaps provides a range of professional and program development services to the human services sector.
This helps to improve the quality and safety of services for the community.
PsychMaps has extensive experience providing program development services to alcohol and drug and mental health services.
Program Development for Human Services
PsychMaps has helped to develop and deliver a range of programs:
- Clinical treatment guidelines
- Staff training programs
- Funding submissions
Program Development for Human Services Clients
PsychMaps has also developed life-skills and support group programs for alcohol and drug clients.
The clinical focus of these programs has been:
- Outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug and mental health concerns
- Developing parenting capacity amongst parents who are experiencing alcohol and drug and/or mental health concerns
PsychMaps’ Program Development Projects
Program development projects have included:
- Alcohol & Drug Service Plan for Wurli-Wurlinjang Health Service (Katherine, Northern Territory)
- The Treehouse Program for Queensland Injectors Health Network (QuIHN) – a 10-week group program for parents experiencing alcohol and drug and mental health concerns
- Health & Welfare Needs To Help Gain Employment: A Review for Marngarr Resource Centre and the Gumatj Clan (Gunyangara, Northern Territory)
- Clinical Counselling Guidelines for Queensland Injectors Health Network (QuIHN) Treatment Services
PsychMaps also provides clinical supervision to human services staff.
This helps workers to maintain health and well-being. It also further develops professional skills.
PsychMaps provides supervision to mental health counsellors, alcohol and drug counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, nurses, managers, case managers or care coordinators, intake officers, group facilitators, health promotion workers, and support workers.
Please follow the link above to read more about the clinical supervision services provided by PsychMaps.
Helpful Frameworks for Program Development in the Human Services Sector
Frameworks that PsychMaps often utilises are:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – see the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – see the Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy (AACBT)
- Schema Therapy (effective with relationships of all kinds) – see the Schema Therapy Institute
- Narrative Therapy – see The Dulwich Centre
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy – see the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Association (SFBTA)
- Interpersonal Neurobiology and Attachment Theory – see the Global Association for Interpersonal Neurobiology Studies (GAINS)
How to Get Started
Please email PsychMaps – or call us on 0401431931 – to discuss how we can help you with program development, clinical supervision or other services.
Clinical supervision via Skype or phone is also available.